Just getting into the gym? Congratulations! You’re on your way to being a better man. Just remember these five tips to avoid being “that guy”.
- Rerack your weights – Where did you find that dumbbell? Was it on the floor by the bench you sat down at or was it on the rack? Don’t be the boy that leaves his toys out when he’s done, be the man that knows how to complete a job.
- Bring your own towel – or at least get one from the desk. Point is, no one wants to put their skin in that slip-n-slide of a bench you just hosed down. Wipe it off when your done.
- Fifteen minutes on a machine – Honestly, you should be going straight to the free weight section and bypassing the machines altogether, but if you must use a machine, keep the time to about 10-15 minutes.
- Silence your yapper – unless you came with a friend, don’t talk. No one cares what you think about their form.
- Turn your phone off – Do your work at work. Talk to your friends at home. Do not do either at the gym.
Got any more tips? Leave em in the comments below!
These next suggestions come from our friend outstandingbachelor.com. He’s got some good stuff over there so be sure to check him out.
- Be kind to the staff. Sure, they have crummy jobs – but without them their would be no gym. (File this one under, ‘you can be nice for free.’)
- Do not choose a locker adjacent to a slew of other lockers that already have locks on them. You will just crowd the other men, should you all access your lockers at the same time.
- The pool is for lap swimming; IT IS NOT A PLACE TO CHAT.